I agree with this 100 percent.
Does that make me a Conservative? No, It’s called being an AMERICAN Christian!
Christmas Trees Are Christmas Trees “What Other Holiday Uses A Tree?”
By Ken Hughes Nov. 30, 2005
We don’t celebrate the 4th of July with a tree, or Easter, or New Years. We celebrate Christmas with a tree so it isn’t a holiday tree after all, so says Dennis Hastert Majority leader of the House of Representatives. Christmas has become a merchant’s holiday, therefore if we were to accept a new definition of the traditional Christmas tree it would be more appropriate to call it a, “Merchants Tree” rather than the “Holiday Tree” either has little to do with religion.
It’s a time of year when everyone is supposed to feel good about themselves and their neighbors, It may not always work out that way but that’s the way it should be. 75% of the population of this country claims to be Christian the rest are of other faiths or no faith at all. How can 75% of the population be expected to sacrifice a life long tradition just so they won’t offend 25% who probably celebrate Christmas along with the Christians. If they don’t celebrate they certainly take the day off work.
Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan, and Kwanzaa have nothing in common. Hanukkah is the festival of lights celebrating the victory by the Jews over the Syrian in the first century BC. Ramadan is a dedication of faith by fasting, expressing an atonement to Allah. Kwanzaa is a harvest festival held by African Tribes in late October. There’s no reason to connect these holidays together, they have no common association. This is simply a way for the politically correct “I Hate Everything American Crowd” to screw up one more tradition that is American.
There’re those who give minorities more rights than the majority. It’s acceptable to give everyone equal rights, It should end at equal, it doesn’t. When one group’s given rights beyond the majority, it becomes discrimination. Discrimination is a highway with many lanes running in many directions and going nowhere. It isn’t any particular group who abject to the name Christmas, African Americans are some of the most enthusiastic supporters of Christmas. Come to my neighborhood and I’ll show you dozens of Little fat Rabbis in red suits with bushy white beards sitting on lawns. Hanukkah trees have become a tradition in America. There aren’t enough people in this country truly offended by Christmas to fill a child’s wading pool.
It’s Atheists and the Media who’re encouraging this attack on Christmas. The media for fun and profit, Atheists just because they can. There’s an old adage in the media,” Good News doesn’t sell, blood and guts do.” When it applies to anything negative, the media’s usually out front. According to Time’s 2006 Almanac only 3.7 % of the population would fall in the category of those having a cause to appose Christmas decorations on religious grounds. That leaves 96.3% who want a traditional Christmas or don’t care one-way or the other.
More than anything, I believe the assault on Christmas is little more than small groups and individuals creating situations for them to get publicity they would otherwise never get, “Their 15 Minutes of Fame” as it were. There’re people who crave attention but do nothing outstanding to attract attention. They often turn to bizarre behavior as a substitute for achievement.
If the media were to act as the fourth estate and report good news along with the bad and the ugly with equal fervor these people wouldn’t stand a chance of expressing their opposition to the trivial. There’s enough out there in the world for the media not to feel compelled to challenge the value of all of our traditions. Many blame the lack of quality of reporting news to the need by the new expanded 24/7 need for product. I say balderdash, there are only so many silk purses in a Sows ear. It’s a lack of commitment to honesty and a poor introduction to gathering facts that guides the media.
Thank God, this country’s moving away from the absurdity of Liberal Politics. The public is finally realizing they’ve been had politically for the past 25 years. Some of the good old days will return with the sanity of a constitutional inspired congress.
What I have been gathering now for many years is that a few “minority” groups have been trying to get rid of Jesus in America. Well I say to all Americans, “especially to the mg’s” and to the rest of the world, Have a Merry, Joyious and Peaceful CHRISTMAS Season!